I’ve just pushed out a new build which renames all the files and namespaces. If you download this latest build you will have to uninstall the previous build if previously installed. To uninstall delete the stsadmcommands.edfinancial.xml file from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\CONFIG" folder. Also delete the Edfinancial.SharePoint.STSADM.Commands.dll file from the bin folder (under the above mentioned config folder – assuming you copied to this location). You’ll also want to remove the dll from the GAC. The new filenames are "Lapointe.SharePoint.STSADM.Commands.dll" and "stsadmcommands.lapointe.xml". You can find these in the Package folder (note that I’m now building the Debug and Release version so you can pick which you want to use). Install these the same as you did before (GAC the dll and copy the xml file to the …\12\Config folder). Note that this build contains 5 new commands that I’ve not yet documented:
- gl-movesite – works the way you would expect the renamesite command to work without the limitation of being restricted to host header sites only)
- gl-sitewelcomepage – allows you to set the welcome page of a site
- gl-applytheme – sets the theme to a site (note that upgrade2 was updated to use this functionality so that themes can be reset when upgrading)
- gl-retargetgroupedlistingswebpart – works effectively the same as the gl-retargetcontentquerywebpart but is specific to addressing issues I had with grouped listings to being set right post upgrade
- gl-enumwelcomepages – this was just a helper command that I created to list all the welcome pages (after upgrade some sites had the welcome page set to UpgLandingPgRedir.aspx when it should have been set to Default.aspx and I needed a way to identify all of them)
There have also been bug fixes to several commands including some fixes related to out of memory errors. I hope to get these commands documented soon but in the meantime they are available for you to use. For those that want to stick with the old Edfinancial version (can’t imagine why but…) you can download that here: stsadm_edfinancial_snapshot_20080118.zip.