Delete List Field

Posted on 3 CommentsPosted in SharePoint 2007, STSADM Commands

One of the things I’ve been working on recently was trying to get the site directory into a useable state post upgrade. The main issue I needed to address was that the upgrade resulted in duplicate columns for Division and Region. The duplication was because the default Site Directory template creates columns with a display name of Division (and Region) but the internal name is DivisionMulti (and RegionMulti). So when the upgrade moved the source […]

Fix Publishing Pages Page Layout URL

Posted on 134 CommentsPosted in SharePoint 2007, STSADM Commands

This command was created to fix an issue with our upgraded sites as well as issues I discovered with sites that had been imported to new farms. What happened was that after the upgrade (or an import) the Page Layout URL (page.ListItem[FieldId.PageLayout]) for various publishing pages was pointing to the wrong place. This didn’t prevent the page from loading as the Layout property of the page was referencing the correct PageLayout object – what failed […]

Copy Content Types

Posted on 82 CommentsPosted in SharePoint 2007, STSADM Commands

This turned out to be a lot more challenging than I was expecting it to be. Duplicating a content type required that I learn a lot about how to programmatically create things like site columns and workflows associations and policies. I also had to do a lot of reverse engineering to figure out seemingly simple things such as how the document information panel and document templates are stored. In some cases copying elements became as […]